Since day one, BBM has been taking care of and respecting the privacy of our users. Protecting the data of our users is of the highest importance to us, and we go to great lengths to make sure we keep it safe. We take your trust and right to privacy seriously and work continuously to keep your digital footprint small and in your control. Nevertheless, to enable you in your flow and to improve and secure our service, we need to process some personal information.
What information do we collect?
We store some personal information to make your use of our Services possible. There are several ways in which we may collect personal information from you: you may submit it or we will collect it automatically through our Services. Different types of personal information may be collected depending on the way you use our Services and which Services you use. Please check the section “What are your rights as a user” to find out how you can change, access or delete your personal information.
Personal information you submit:
We collect, process or host the following personal information that you provide:
- Contact information: your name, mailing address and email address;
- Information about yourself: age, gender, city (if applicable); and
- Preferences: for example, language settings or interests.
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our Services. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. Users may, however, visit our website and/or applications anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in our Services.
Personal Information we collect by automated means:
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they engage our Services. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Please beware that we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data which reveals or concerns (directly or indirectly) with the user’s racial or ethnic origin, communal origin, political affiliations or opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, criminal record, trade-union membership and health or sex life and including genetic data and biometric data where it is used for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person.
Why do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Account Management: To manage your account which you have availed/subscribed for our Services under the Terms of Service. The personal information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Services that are available to you as a registered user.
- Support: To offer and provide Support Services as set out in the Terms of Service.
- Performance: To perform, comply and undertake our Services under the Terms of Service.
- Invoicing and billing: To facilitate invoicing and billing based on the subscription plan chosen by under the Terms of Service.
- Contact: To contact you by email, telephone calls or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation of our Services.
- Offers: To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other products or services which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- Improve User Service: To improve, respond and manage your requests to us with regards to our Services.
- Improve Services: We may use feedback you may provide to improve our Services.
- Legitimate Interest: To process the personal information data for legitimate interest and reasons as required under the applicable laws and/or the concerned authority in the UAE.
What parties do we share your personal information with?
We share your personal information with the following parties to the extent as may be necessary in connection with the performance of the Services for which you have given your consent:
- Service providers: We may share your information with our service providers such as our hosting provider, user support provider, IT & software providers, our payment processors, email processors and the accountant.
- Business partners: We collaborate with advertising partners, marketing and communication agencies. We do this for (interest based) advertising, branding and reaching out to you. Our advertising partners implement their own tracking cookies which fall under their terms of services and privacy & cookie statement.
- Integrated services: We may integrate our Services with third party software/components. In order to provide such service, we will need to share some of your personal information with that service. The terms and privacy & cookie statement of these third parties applies, at least for their part of the connection. We do not control the content or links that appear on the sites of such third party software/components and are not responsible for the practices employed by their websites linked to or from our Services. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Services, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
- Law Enforcement: We are obliged to share your personal information in case of a legal request from a Court of Law and/or any federal or local government or regulatory authority.
- Other Legal Obligations: We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with a legal obligation; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of BBM; (iii) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service; (iv) protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; (v) protect and defend against any legal liability that may arise against BBM.
Your information, including personal information, is processed at our operating offices and in any other places (including but not limited to any place based on a cloud-based server) where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
What retention procedures are in place?
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. The data or information we collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Services or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit) is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Services, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
You may at any given time request for withdrawal of your Consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data or request for modification or erasure of the same, provided that the Consent given by you for past activities undertaken may not be invalidated.
How do we secure your personal information?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our website and/or application. The personal information you provide and we collect is stored within databases that we control directly. As we deem appropriate and as required by the applicable law, we use security measures appropriate for the sensitivity of the Personal Information and consistent with industry standards, including physical, organizational and technological protections such as firewalls, data encryption etc. to protect your personal information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
How to contact us?
If you have any concerns or queries, please reach out to us. We shall undertake all reasonable efforts to address your concerns or queries at the earliest possible opportunity. You may contact us at:
Phone: + 971 2 676 1939 (Timings: 8 AM to 5 PM, GST – Monday to Friday, except holidays)
Any notice or communication that may be required to be given to BBM/the Platform under these Terms shared with you may be sent by writing or emailing to the following addresses:
P.O Box 111566 Abu Dhabi, UAE